Han Sai Por (韩少芙), one of Asia’s leading modern sculptors and Singapore’s Cultural Medallion recipient. She has participated in numerous international exhibitionsand projects around the world,and her works can be found in many international institutions, public spaceand private collections from Singapore, Malaysia, India, China, Japan, New Zealand , Australia and United Kingdom to the United States. Such as Singapore National Art Gallery and Art Museum, China National Museum in Beijing. Australia parliament, Chancery of Permanent Mission of Singapore office to the United Nations, Washington DC, Singapore Embassy and Istana and etc. 2005, Han works won top award in India, 2006, won “Outstanding City Sculpture award”in China, 2015, won “The Leonardo Award for Sculpture ”atChianciano Biennale in Italy.
Education in the fine arts and landscape architecture, Han has, for three decades, channeled both passions into a body of work that makes significant comment about the changing landscape. Although it is the environment at large to which Han’s works generally refer in Singapore, where the landscape undergoes change at a brutal pace and too often with scant regard for flora, fauna, heritage or preservation, her words have particular resonance.
An educator and sculptor.
1984-86: First art elective teacher at Nanyang Girls’ High School -Note
1987-93: Part-time lecturer at Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts and La Salle School of Arts
1994-95: Part-time lecturer in National Institute of Education of Nanyang Technological University
2001: Founded Sculpture Society (Singapore)
1996 to date: professional full time Sculptor
1968 Graduated from Singapore Teachers’ Training College
1979-1983 Studied Fine Art at Wolverhampton University, United Kingdom
2004- 2008 Studied Landscape Architect at Lincoln University, New Zealand (2004-2008).
• Singapore Cultural Medallion in 1995.
• The top praise winner of 11th Triennale India in 2005.
• Outstanding City Sculpture Award in China, year 2006.
• The Finalist of Beijing Olympic International Tour Exhibition in 2008.-Note
• NAFA Distinguished Alumni Awards in 2011.
• Singapore Women”s Hall of Fame 2014 (scwo)
• Award winner of “The Leonardo Award for Sculpture” Chianciano Art Biennale 2015, Italy
• Selected by Aware (France) as Archives of Women Artists Research, 2018
• 10 of the most famous Asian contemporary artists of all time, Prestige, 05 March 2021